Saturday, December 24, 2011

Several people have called my recent FB statuses "rants" against Republicans. 

They are NOT rants against Republicans, they are rants against stupidity and bigotry. 

If a Democratic presidential candidate calls for the end of all abortions including abortions that might save a woman's life, I'll rant against that stupidity. 

If a Democratic presidential candidate raises his hand and says he only believes in creationism, I'll rant against that stupidity.

If a Democratic presidential candidate says there is no such thing as global warming, I'll rant against that stupidity.

If a Democratic presidential candidate issues threat after threat of shutting down the Government to achieve petty selfish goals, I'll rant against that stupidity.

If a Democratic presidential candidate uses vulgarities and throws himself on the bible for justification of bias against gays, I'll rant against that stupidity.

If a Democratic presidential candidate is a habitual womanizer but still claims to be the leader in pushing for moral causes, I'll rant against that stupidity.

If a Democratic presidential candidate claims that if elected, he can and will just shut down Federal Courts and fire judges he disagrees with, I'll rant against that stupidity.

If a Democratic presidential candidate thinks that just cutting taxes for the wealthiest will cut our federal deficit, I'll rant against that stupidity.

I could go on and on, but the current group of presidential candidates from the Republican party deserve all the scorn and "rants" I can come up with. It ain't because they are Republicans, it is because what the claim to believe in is diametrically opposed to everything I hope for for the future of this country and for the well being and safety of my children.

No comments:

Post a Comment