Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Tonight as I watch the Democratic convention I think of an editorial from Le Monde on Sept 12, 2011written by Jean-Marie Colombani "In this tragic moment, when words seem so inadequate to express the shock people feel, the first thing that comes to mind is this: We are all Americans! "

Tonight as I watch the convention the first thing that comes to my mind is to say "I am Hispanic, I am Gay, I am a Woman, I am an African-American." I want to say it NOW in solidarity with these Americans, I want to say it before there is a chance that we have a tragic moment of Romney/Ryan taking power and hurting each and every one of these groups.

People and society matter. Obama's support of the "Dream Act" is compassionate, pragmatic and fair. Obama's architecture of the Affordable Health Care Act is compassionate, pragmatic and fair. Obama's position on marriage equality is compassionate, pragmatic and fair. Obama's support of a woman's right to choose is compassionate, pragmatic and fair. Clearly I don't need to address how Romney would handle each of these issues.

nuf said


No comments:

Post a Comment