Thursday, April 26, 2012

Mitt, Mitt, Mitt


I am sick and tired of Romney's pathetic sycophancy to the Tea Party, but he may have reached a new low. Repeatedly using “we don’t know what’s causing climate change” as an excuse to do nothing to reduce global warming is both idiotic and dangerous. According to Romney:


 "My view is that we don't know what's causing climate change on this planet. And the idea of spending trillions and trillions of dollars to try to reduce CO2 emissions is not the right course for us.."  Oct. 6, 2011"


and

 In an interview with New Hampshire Union Leader, "One, I believe what I said before, I think it's getting warmer. Two, I believe we contribute to it. And three, I don't know by how much -- a lot or a little. And I am not willing to adopt multi-trillion dollar programs to reduce greenhouse gases in America. They don't 
call it America warming, they call it global warming."

Romney repeats this position in campaign speech after campaign speech. 

Hey Mitt, how can you say that you don't know how much we contribute? The US is less than 5% of the world population yet puts out over 18% of global CO2 emissions. Why don't we start by cleaning up our own act before worrying about what others are doing. It is called leading by example.

nuf said

No comments:

Post a Comment